There are many business owners who don’t think about this problem, but the fact is that the vast majority of business premises can serve as a perfect home for different types of pest birds. For example, seagulls and pigeons are bird species that can adapt easily and they can live in almost any conditions as long as there is access to food and especially waste food from humans. They are also true masters when it comes to making nests because they need a very small space to build one.
Here are some facts to consider:
- Seagulls and pigeons often use the most inhospitable areas in tall buildings and flat roofs in order to create nests.
- Seagulls are fond of flocking together on roofs (especially flat roofs).
- Ledges, balconies, terraces, culverts, guttering – these are some of the areas that these pest birds find especially attractive.
- If there is a gap that is 25 mm wide or larger, this is enough for these birds to enter your building and find shelter there (and even reproduce).
- Pigeons are fond of roofs and getting into lofts. They will often break and damage tiles to seek the shelter they need.
- Pigeons live in flocks and these flocks can include up to 500 birds. Once one of these birds enters your building it is very likely that more of them will come.
Now let’s point out the most common signs of seagull and pigeon infestation:
- Constant noise made by the birds, especially young chicks.
Birds in large numbers on top of the roof.
Materials used for making nests spread all over your premises.
Loose and damaged tiles.
Bird droppings in specific areas,
Feathers and nest debris related to seagulls and pigeons.
If you see any of these signs then don’t hesitate to give us a call. We can help implement bird control measures to eradicate the problem.